N97 Demo Video

Last week I went on a training course for work, for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music. I was interested because it was an opportunity to play around with the new touch UI, and I was actually quite impressed. So much, I actually purchased a handset two days ago. Give me a few days, and I'll post up a few thoughts. Overall I'm impressed (I wouldn't have bought one otherwise) but there are a few things I don't like. It may just be a case of having to get used to something different, rather than it being wrong or a fault, which is why I'm going to give it a few days. For example setting up the menu folders and moving apps seems to be overly laborious and complicated.

What is interesting me now, though, is the N97. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to this phone, what with the diabolical N96. Yeah, I thought it was that bad. With the new touch UI and a touch of NSeries goodness, it may just turn out to be a phone worth having. I like the look of the on-screen widgets, seen in the video, below. The 5800 could do with these, but I guess they'll be saved for the NSeries range: